Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Attack!

So there's this great new facebook thing I discovered last week. It's an application called "Attack!" and it has changed my life. Basically, they decided to give people a way to not only waste time with social networking, stalking and the desperate seeking of a mate; you can now also throw away your life by playing Risk online! It's the greatest thing ever.

The game has been perfectly copied with some side benefits added. For example, most people will say that they rarely finish a game because inevitably someone becomes so furious they obliterate the board; thus forever leaving who the victor would have been shrouded in mystery. But that never happens online! It's fantastic, especially for one who generally causes that kind of despair in an opponent. :)

I only really have two complaints (shocking, I know). The first and foremost is, the dice roll system is entirely automated. You can't even click a button, they just get rolled. If I lose a battle, I want to lose because I rolled poorly. I realize this isn't even valid, as a dice roll is entirely random regardless of whether it is done by me or by a machine. But still, it would make me feel better.

My second complaint is the lack of ability to intimidate people. In a game of Risk, your bearing and facial expression are just as important as your actual strategy. Often times you can bluff your way out of a potentially devastating attack with a well-placed smirk or chuckle. To solve this problem, I propose some kind of face thing which your opponents would be able to see. There would be a bunch of buttons you could click on that would change its expression, such as "Grimace", "Smirk", "Grin Triumphantly", and "Ponder". I really think it would add a great element to the game.

There you have it. This was kind of a ramble of a post, but that's fine. I'm probably going to read it more than it's actually read by viewers anyway. I love making myself chuckle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never realized it before, but I realize now that you were always the winner at Risk in the family because of the intimidating faces you made. Those faces were almost physically impossible for the rest of us.
Also, I think this game online probably lacks the triumphant ceremony of getting to take over the land personally. That was my favorite part of the game: taking the other person's stuff from their physical hand. Somehow, it was so satisfying. No?

Andrea said...

I love when you make yourself chuckle. It's adorable.

Andrea said...

Why don't you update your blog once in a while?