Saturday, September 8, 2007

The sleep never comes

So my band, Part II, is having our first show tomorrow (well technically today, I guess) and sleep seems impossible right now. I'm absurdly worried about whether or not there will be a decent amount of people, what if I forget lyrics, what if we just suck and we thought we were good this whole time, you know. The usual. I'm also ridiculously excited. Because the possibility that the exact opposite of my worst fears comes to pass and the event is a rousing success.

Regardless, displaying a very intimate part of my soul in front of a crowd of people whom I largely know on a first name basis is going to be intense. There's no getting around it. Entertaining people you don't know is much easier, as they don't feel obligated to like it and you (the entertainer) don't feel pressured by expectations, imagined or otherwise. I think this is going to be a really good learning experience for me either way. There will be a post-concert post summarizing the evening's proceedings, I'm sure. Until then, my brethren, I bid you adieu.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

The concert's going to be good. The band is good and I love you. I have a feeling once you get started with practice and other prep today, you'll calm down and be more excited than nervous. At least that's what I'm hoping for myself, as I've been nervous for you and had a hard time sleeping over it as well. Dang it, that's what I get for caring about you.